Too many good factors for consideration inclusive of:-
- Governmental support - This program is initiated organized and launched by the Malaysian Government. It is, therefore, a program, that the Government will continuously work to ensure its success.
- High Standard of living - Malaysia has one of the highest standards of living in the region with all the modern infrastructure and facilities in place.
- Affordable Cost of living - Cost of living is one of the lowest in Asia and will remain so for a very long time. This is achieved through the Government’s efficient monitoring of the economy in ensuring that inflation is kept low at all times and thereby also the prices of goods and services.
- Beautiful Weather - The weather is pleasant, warm and balmy with moderate rain throughout the year, There are also highland residential areas and resorts with permanent spring-like weather throughout the country.
- Complete Infrastructure - The whole country is very well connected with up-to-date, modern road, rail, air, and sea transportation systems. Public transport by buses, taxis, trains and planes are comfortable, efficient and relatively low in cost.
- Political stability - The ruling Government is the longest serving freely elected Government in the world. It is a Government representing all the races, religions, cultures etc. found in Malaysia. In fact, Malaysia is one of the most politically stable countries in the world.
- Rule of law - The rule of law is one of the fundamentals in Malaysia’s constitution. Everyone is subjected to the law and also equal before the law. Malaysia practiced basically the British system of justice with an independent reliable and dependable judiciary.
- Safety - Statistics can proof that Malaysia is one of the safest countries in the world; its crime rate is relatively low.
- Religion - Islam is the official religion of Malaysia but the constitution guarantees the right of people to practice other religions.
- Culture and language - The Malay language (Bahasa Melayu) is the national language of the country; English is the second language but other languages can be freely used and practiced. Similarly the Malay culture is dominant in the country because the Malays are the dominant race in Malaysia and in the region. But other cultures can be practiced very freely and there is a free intermingling of different cultures.
- Food and Fruit - All the food of the world can be found here at very reasonable cost. With so many races and cultures living together in harmony, it is understandable that each race has picked up the best of each other’s food and made Malaysia into Asia’s Food Paradise. Similarly the tropical fruits of Malaysia are unique, exotic and available in abundance practically throughout the year. It should be a real joy to savour these fruits.
- Recreation/Entertainment - The country has everything for the family,-theme parks, jungle trails/sports, water sports and one of the highest numbers of golf courses – ratio or population.
- Shopping - Most of the items that tourists normally like to buy – perfumes, cosmetics, watches, fountain pens, a long list of electronic goods, branded goods etc. are completely free of tax. Quality goods from all over the world are imported and are relatively low in price and sold throughout Malaysia.
- Education - The country has one of the best-developed and quality educational systems – both public and private. There are international schools of repute in all major towns with English as the medium of instruction. There are also private colleges and universities offering twinning programs with other well-known universities and major colleges from throughout the world. Therefore, it is the place for quality education from nursery right up to the highest level of university education. It is already becoming an educational centre of excellence for the region. Relatively speaking, it is also the place to get quality international class education at a very reasonable cost.
- Medical facilities - The country has a very efficient health system where medical services are provided at nominal cost. Private doctors, clinics and also hospitals of international standards are easily obtainable at very reasonable cost. Malaysia is also becoming a centre for medical facilities in the region.
- Residence - There are quality residences – terrace houses, semi-detached, bungalows, apartments and condominiums all over the country. There are also some of the finest residences available in tourism zones – on beaches, near jungles and near theme parks, recreational places and city centres.
Malaysia My Second Home (MM2H) is a programme initiated by the Ministry of Tourism Malaysia to invite foreign citizens to come into Malaysia to establish their second home with a multiple-entry visa of 10 years subject to the fulfillment of requirements.