ACQUISITION OF PROPERTIES UNDER MALAYSIA MY SECOND HOME PROGRAMME
- ACQUISITION OF PROPERTIES BY FOREIGN INTERESTS UNDER FOREIGN INVESTMENT COMMITTEE (FIC)'S GUIDELINE
- Acquisition of Residential Units
- Exempted from FIC's approval under MM2H.
- Limited to 2 (two) units for MM2H.
- Acquisitions of properties other than residential units are subjected to FIC's approval.
- Any proposed purchase should be more than RM250,000.00.
- TAX PROCEDURE FOR SALE OF PROPERTY
- Real Property Gains Tax is charged on chargeable gains accruing on the disposal of any real property.
- Disposal within five years after the date of acquisition of the chargeable asset is 30%.
- Disposal in the sixth year after the date of acquisition of the chargeable asset and thereafter is 5%.