- APPLICATION PROCEDURE FOR BRINGING IN PERSONAL CAR WITH DUTY / TAX EXEMPTIONS
- Obtain Treasury's exemption letter for import duty, excise duty and sales tax exemption.
- Obtain Approval Permit (AP) from Ministry of International Trade and Industry (MITI).
- Make Customs Declaration using Customs Form No. 1 (K1) for Customs clearance at point of entry. Attach all related documents:-
- Treasury's approval letter for duty / tax exemption.
- AP from MITI.
- Car Registration Card (original).
- APPLICATION FOR THE EXEMPTION OF TAX/DUTY ON ONE MOTORCAR UNDER MALAYSIA MY SECOND HOME PROGRAMME (MM2H)
- TAX INCENTIVES
The MM2H participant may import one used motorcar which belongs to him from his country of citizenship or where he last domiciled. He will be exempted from paying import duty, excise duty and sales tax on the imported motorcar within six (6) months from the endorsement date of the MM2H visa; OR
The MM2H participant may purchase one new motorcar made or assembled in Malaysia. He will be exempted from paying excise duty and sales tax on the new motorcar within one (1) year from the endorsement date of the MM2H visa.
- TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The applicant is a participant of MM2H approved by Immigration Department of Malaysia.
- An application to IMPORT a used motorcar from the participant's country of citizenship/last domicile must be done within a period of six (6) months from the date of the MM2H visa is endorsed on his passport. The MM2H participant should be the owner of the motorcar as evidenced in the motorcar registration document prior to obtaining the MM2H visa.
- An application to PURCHASE a new motorcar made or assembled in Malaysia must be done within a period of one (1) year from the date the MM2H visa is endorsed on his/her passport. Do not make an outright purchase of the motorcar before obtaining approval for tax/duty exemption from the Treasury. However, a booking for a motorcar may be made prior to obtaining approval from the Treasury.
- Importation or purchase of motorcar must be for personal use only and not for commercial use.
- The MM2H participant is eligible for tax/duty exemptions for only ONE car.
- Tax/duty exempted motorcars which are subsequently sold or transferred will be subjected to import duty, excise duty and sales tax according to the prevailing rates.
- For the purpose of MM2H, a motorcar includes a saloon car, a multipurpose vehicle (MPV), a sports utility vehicle (SUV) and a 4-wheel drive vehicle. It excludes commercial vehicles such as vans, buses and lorries.
- APPLICATION PROCEDURE FOR SELLING CAR THAT HAS BEEN GIVEN TAX EXEMPTIONS
- Sale of car subjected to repayment of duty / tax exempted according to prevailing market price.
- Duty / tax assessment of car can be carried out in any nearest Customs Station.
- Go to the nearest State Road Transport Department to apply for ownership transfer of car to be sold personally.
- PROCEDURE FOR THE CONVERSION OF FOREIGN DRIVING LICENSE TO MALAYSIAN DRIVING LICENSE
- Automatic Conversion of Foreign Driving License to Malaysian Driving Under Bi Lateral Agreement.
A. List of countries as in Appendix A.
Australia, Brunei, Denmark, Mesir, France, Jerman, Itali, Iraq, Libya, Laos, New Zealand, Belanda, Filipina, Poland, Belgium, China, Fiji, Hong Kong, Jepun, Maurtius, Finland, Iran, Nigeria, Rusia, Korea, Myanmar, Papua New Guniea, Switzerland, Thailand, Turki, Sepanyol, Singapore.
- Conversion of Foreign Driving License to Malaysian Driving License under Section 5(3) Road Transport Rule (Driving License) 1992 - (approved by Director General).
A. List of countries as in Appendix B.
Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Argentina, Austria, Bahamas, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Benin, Bolivia, Bosnia Herzegovina, Botswana Brazil Bulgaria Burkina Faso Burundi Cameroon Canada Central Frican Chad Chile Colombia Congo Costa Rica Cote D'lvore Croatia Czechoslovakia D. Kampuchea Dahomey Dominican Republic Ecuador El Salvador Estonia Ethiopia French Polynesia Gabon Gambia Georgia Ghana Greece Guatemala Guinea Guyana Haiti Holy See Honduras Hungary Iceland India Indonesia Ireland Israel Ivory Coast Jamaica Jordan Kampuchea Kenya Kuwait Latvia Lebanon Lesotho Liberia Liechtenstein Lithuania Luxembourg Madagascar Malawi Maldive Island Mauritania Mexico Monaco Mongolia Morocco Namibia Nepal Nicaragua Niger Norway Pakistan Panama Paraguay Peru Republic of Macedonia Republic of Moldova Romania Rwanda San Marino Saudi Arabia Senegal Seychelles Sierre Leone Slovakia Slovenia Somalia South Africa Southern Yemen Sri Lanka Sudan Swaziland Sweden Syria Taiwan Togo Trinigad & Tobago Tunisia Turmenikistan Uganda Ukranian Soviet Socialist (Ukraine) United Kingdom United State of America Uruguay Uzbekistan Venezuela Vietnam Western Samoa Yemen Yugoslavia Zaire Zambia Zimbabwe.
- Conversion of Singapore Driving License to Malaysian Driving License
A. Application can be done at RTD state office.
- Conversion of Foreign Driving License Other Than The Above
A. The applicant has to sit for a specific training and driving test.
- APPLICATION PROCEDURE FOR BRINGING IN SECOND VEHICLE
- Obtain letter from Ministry of Tourism to confirm status as participant under Malaysia My Second Home Programme.
- Apply to Ministry of International Trade and Industry to obtain Approval Permit (AP).
- Upon obtaining the AP, participant can make arrangement to bring car into Malaysia.
- At Customs entry point, the amount of duty / tax payable for the car will be assessed by Customs. The amount to be paid must be done before Customs Clearance.