PROCEDURES FOR BRINGING FOREIGN PETS
- Please check the Veterinary Import Regulation to confirm that your pet can be brought into Malaysia.
- Apply for special approval for restricted breed of dogs (bull mastiff, bull terrier, Doberman, German shepherd, Rotteiler and perro-de-presacanario).
- After obtaining Import Permit of Live Animals and Birds, please make booking with DVS for quarantine of certain animals and birds. Quarantine period ranges from a minimum of seven days to a maximum of 30 days.
- Action to be taken by owner before exporting pet to Malaysia:
- Obtain veterinary health certificate for pet from the government veterinarian of the origin country. This must be done within 7 days of export.