APPLICATION PROCEDURE FOR BRINGING IN PERSONAL BELONGINGS
- The importer is the owner of the household effects and personal effects.
- Household effects are:-
- The goods which have been used for a period of not less than 3 months.
The goods will not be disposed of within 3 months after date of importation into Malaysia.
- Example of items or goods belonging to owner:-
- crockery and cutlery
- beddings / curtains
- pictures / wall paintings
- electrical kitchens and garden appliances such as kettle, lawn mover, TV, radio / DVD
- Please note that certain items required a permit/license before it can be imported into Malaysia. Please refer Customs' website: www.customs.gov.my for detailed information on restricted importation of items/goods.
Items not categorized under Household effects:-
- Motor home / Caravan
Prohibited goods are goods which are prohibited from being imported into Malaysia. Please refer complete list at Customs' website at www.customs.gov.my.
Restricted goods are goods which can be imported into Malaysia upon obtaining the required license / import permit from the related government agencies. Please refer to the Customs' website at www.customs.gov.my.